Tuesday, May 29, 2007

diapers, dealers and day dreaming

This is mostly what I do. I talk and listen. I either sit in my office on the phone with clients or friends or I go to the stores and listen to all the excuses for why the meeting is canceled or why no one is showing up or why they have no time or why the sky is falling.

It gets tiring just listening and trying to be neutral. It can be energizing, when things are going well or when my listening actually leads to interesting conversations and ideas that move something, anything FORWARD. But much of the time it just seems disappointing. so many excuses for why something cannot be done. And, so much blame.

I look outside at the wind blowing through the trees and the blue sky and think...none of that crap matters. Why do I get so irritated? All I can think of is that it seems like a waste of precious minutes on Planet Earth to be listening to all the garbage.

Speaking of crap, we are back to potty training with Max. Stickers, prizes, high fives, tears and frustration. I don't know why I get so crazy about it but it has become such a power struggle. He just can't be bothered to think about it, he wants us to take care of all the "dirty" work. Can you blame him? YES. I'm working on it. Really.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited you have a blog! Good luck with the potty training!

    ReplyDelete