Sunday, August 26, 2012

Home

Well its been almost a year since my last post and I really don't want to wait until September 12th to make it official.

 We just returned from a 2 week vacation in France and it really gives me a bit of perspective. I learned that I really love lounging in a pool each day. I also learned that I love to wander around small medieval villages.


 My kids love weapons and love to play fight...and oddly, watching it doesn't get old. Didn't think I'd feel that way but I much prefer watching Max practice with his mini-cross bow than sit in front of his damned computer playing whatever the latest online game is.

Some days we discovered castles, other days we made jam with Mirabelle plums. And of course, many days were filled with sitting in cafes and eating yummy food....

 
 Now that we're home, and we catch up with our friends, we are dunked immediately back into the chaos, sadness, joy and uncontrollable nature of our day to day world.

 Looking forward, post vacation....I need to remember to slow down, keep some of that restful feel before leaping into the next thing, before making the next decision. I need to eat yummier food, I need to run outside more often, I need to connect with my family on a more regular basis.

 I don't know if I necessarily need to "set goals," but, I do think it would be a good idea to think about how I want to live, and to revisit what is most important.



 Vive La France!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, all that.

    (especially the kd games, as I sit here typing next to my kid on minecraft)

    ReplyDelete