Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I made it

I made it through the year. I think it was harder on BZ and the kids than on me. Perhaps I don't fully feel it yet. I do feel a sort of elation if that counts. It feels good to be home.

Yesterday, I got dressed for my last meeting of the year, got my paperwork, got in the car. I picked up the phone to give my confirmation call and saw that there was a message waiting. My meeting was canceled. I had a semi-phone meeting/holiday chat and was done. All dressed up for a phone call in the car in the driveway. Done. My Central Valley year is over.

I cleared out the Fresno apartment this past week and drove home not being able to look out the back window. I exchanged cookies with the cool retired guy I rent from. I got a little sad. This whole month has been about goodbyes with my clients. It's nice to know I have been valued, appreciated, needed. This is the part that's hard to leave.

But look what's here!

Max learning how to blow a bubble:

More 5K races in pink boas:


Happy Holidays, it's good to be home!

3 comments:

  1. That's a nice story. And Wow, Max with short hair. I didn't recognize him at first. Can't wait to see him and his snazzy cut in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got strength. So glad you will have a more relaxing year this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee! And, yeah, Max's hair looks great! He looks so much older!

    ReplyDelete