Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodnight Vina


Its New Year's Eve, and a former colleague of mine is dying tonight. Perhaps not tonight, maybe tomorrow, but there is little time left. I am so sad for her family. I am sad her life is cut short.

As this decade ends, I picture Vina's beautiful smile and hear her laughter in my head and think about the good that I sometimes don't recognize. Right now, Vina would roll her eyes at my current maudlin state. She'd tell me to lighten up and look forward, and so...

I toast to the new year, the new decade, the unknown....health, happiness, love, peace, legos, chocolate....what am I missing? Great thanks to all my friends and family for this wonderful life and the chance to keep trying to make it better. Goodnight Vina. And goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment