Sunday, July 12, 2009

Give me a break


I am so ready for a vacation. Yesterday, we went to a birthday party in Daly City. It was a pirate party. The kids had a great time, We had a great time given that it was really a visit to good friends. It was a painful reminder however of how much I miss seeing my friends, how much I miss having a normal life. This parallel life of mine, working 100's of miles from home is starting to wear thin.

So, next weekend we are off to Legoland in Carlsbad, CA. Perhaps we'll throw in SeaWorld as well. Maybe we will just hang out at the beach or, not get further than the hotel pool. I don't care. Vacation. Rest. Reaquaint myself with my husband and kids. Hi, my name is mommy...remember me?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Margaret. I hope things get easier soon. And I hope your vacation is wonderful. You deserve it.

    And Margaret...that animation of you with the happy new year card scares me...

    ReplyDelete