Saturday, April 25, 2009

I do it

"I do it!!" is a popular phrase in our household. In the photo, Aiden is preparing his own oatmeal (not the microwave part).

Aiden is a very independent fellow at 3 years old. He has tantrums if we don't let him do everything for himself. This can be frustrating when behind schedule, which is my usual state. I admire the independent streak but wondered why it didn't translate to potty training. Most of his fellow preschool buddies seem to be in big kid underwear while he's still in pullups with no interest.

Until now. About a week ago, I decided to begin again. From scratch. With better bribes. And a schedule of sorts. And consistency.

So, bribery still doesn't work BUT the celebratory dancing do. He loves the "Aiden pooped in the potty!" song and dance. He loves the honor of getting to use toilet paper and running water in the sink.

As of today, he is starting to run to the potty on his own. He's been in Madagascar undies all day, without an accident.

I'm thinking we might be completely out of diapers by summer. Wow. No more baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment