Friday, June 11, 2010

Aiden graduates

When Max finished his preschool, there was a graduation picnic on a Saturday afternoon somewhere in one of the parks off of Skyline. The actual ceremony was for about 6 kids and the adults all played kazoos in the background. We all hung out for the day, way low key.

Today, Aiden had a very different ceremony in a church sanctuary setting. There were 55 kids graduating so over 100 parents, relatives and friends. The kids trooped in, very cute, and sat in little blue chairs on a big stage.

They proceeded to sing about 300 songs and then each had their name called to get handed their "diploma." For some reason they stood on a box so that the family could take pictures. This process took seemingly HOURS. I will admit, the kids were so damned cute that you couldn't really get too upset about this slow process.

Afterward, we avoided the big group on their way to Fenton's (my worst nightmare of an ice cream shop), and joined a few other parents we know of kids who have siblings in Max's class for a Mexican lunch.

A very nice day. Sure I had to race home for a conference call that lasted for 3 million hours but it was OK since Aiden was on my lap. I blocked the camera on my laptop and put the phone on mute.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be damned! It's Aiden on that box. Now I can see it!
    Pops

    ReplyDelete