Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Lego Death Star Part 1


Max has been saving up for over a year to buy the Lego Death Star. Finally last week, he had saved the $400 needed. Yes, $400. I called the Lego store in advance, and found out to my horror that the Death Star was on back order. I prepared Max for the let down and of course, he cried...and cried. So we went to the store anyway, placed the order AND bought a small little "in the meantime kit" to hold him over. That was purchased with the points earned from the Death Star...wow.

The guy at the checkout counter couldn't have been much over 20 yrs old. He was very impressed at 7 yr old Max and his $400 savings. I am over 45 and I cannot imagine having $400 in my wallet either. I am amazed when I can keep over $40 for more than a few days. I know its different for a kid who has nothing to buy but still....

We were told the kit would be shipped on April 29 or May 1st. We just got an update today and found out it should arrive within a week, by April 19th. We are all very excited. Part 2 coming soon!

1 comment: