Monday, November 9, 2009

Aiden's Scooby Doo Party


Preparing for a Scooby Doo party can take longer than one might inspect. Especially if one has been drinking the night before. And even though that first drink, a cucumber gimlet, might have tasted like "summer in a glass," it wasn't very helpful.

So at 12:30 am Saturday night/Sunday morning, I thought I would save some time by baking the cake for the next days festivities. This great idea might possibly have been related to my alcohol consumption.


Eek. Some technical difficulties for sure. Yes, I have an electric oven which I hate and cannot control for the life of me. But, I also had a cucumber gimlet and a sake dancing through my wimpy little mama veins. Not incredibly attractive (the cake) and, what you cannot see is the bottom, or the lack of a bottom. The whole bottom of the cake stuck to the pan.

Enter the most incredible invention ever. Sleep. I just hung up my apron and went to bed.

And the next morning, Sunday morning, I remembered the second most incredible invention: Chocolate icing. Lots of chocolate icing. More chocolate icing. And decorations, lots of decorations.

And of course other stuff, like cookies, Scooby snacks, ghost meringues.


Oh right, this is about Aiden, the birthday boy and his loving brother (at least in front of the cameras).
And finally, a party with party games. No one was interested in Pin The Blame on The President, so we played Pin the Bowtie on the Skeleton and Make a Mummy. Special thanks to our volunteer mummies: Gwen, Amy, Jessie and BZ. All good clean fun.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute you lightweight you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo....another fun event - I REALLY want to be a kid at your house!

    ReplyDelete